Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing)

- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing

Post by John Clees »

Themis wrote:good thread, i think we should keep it going.
I disagree... I think it's vindictive. sharing a list of good sellers and/or experiences with (bad) sellers or experience would be the most productive and perhaps is worthy of another thread.

sure initially the idea is to help, yes its disgusting a seller would make more than the label or artist, but that is also the benefit of buying vinyl, it's resale value later. someone who might "currently" be selling a record, but the time you read this it, they could have changed their price... some and many do. I dont get.. it's petty to me. I'll use my own personal judgement when buying something. put it in a want list, if the price doesn't match my budget, I'll check back in 6 months.

someone once had my white label selling for $150 for years.. ppl are just testing the marketing. ppl come during the DEMF and go record digging trying to turn over records. it's the same old hussle. they wouldn't do that (if) ppl didn't buy it, but some do, so therefore so will they. it's the free market. If it's out of your "personal budget" then move on, no need to throw stones on the internet..

* saw mike huckaby repressing something since he saw someone sell one if his records for $50 on discogs... so in the end, perhaps there is cause and effect.. and a positive outcome.
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

A bit of thread revival.
I bought from mutt_discogs recently :

- guy asked 13.5 for shipping, stamps on the envelope say 9.6 eur
- mailer was a bit ticker than normal paper. or very very thin carton. no form of protection inside the mailer.
of course it got hit and all the record sleeves have bents on them, however the records are fine. guy offered a partial refund for this or complete record return. refused
- said he shipped on the 6th, gave me a tracking number from that day, initially I thought they got lost after all these days.
- records get here, different tracking number : dude sent them on the 14th.
when confronted with this, he said it's not possible, something like this "couldn't have happened".

At least the records are exactly as described and weren't really that expensive above the market price for them (+2-3 eur each, but saved on the shipping).
Probably wouldn't buy again from him.
What's funny is that he has 12 negative ratings in the last year, almost all of them mention the above things.

So, meh experience for bigger than normal prices.
Det
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Det »

mutt_discogs.. again..
after 5 years i tried once again to buy something from him.. had a bad experience back in 2010..
... this guy is unbelieveble still doing cheap scam.. Bought a MINT - NEW, as he wrote, but i got a hardly played copy.. -twisted

Blocked for life!
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

ironically, I've had two flawless transactions with him : mutt_discogs.
even wrote proactive emails asking if I got the record.
also shipping to the states.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

speaking of discogs sellers....

in 97 discogs transactions, the worse transaction I ever had was from b-ran from here and as a discogs seller. he sold a record as VG, sent me some hacked up record with literally 20+ scratches but had no notes, actually trying to respond with, "it's expected" or some bullshit answer, naturally didn't like review, offered a full refund to "buy back his neg review", but afterwards I couldn't re:edit it. I'm sure this happens all the time. he knew it was me and to think he's try to pull a fast one in my opinion means he must have done this many times before. then he asked to delete his account here afterwards. :roll:
n1colae
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by n1colae »

a little bit offtopic, but i think i should mention... that this kind of people don't deserve to sell vinyls imo

didn't want to overprice the thing, because the tracks aren't something special + i was the only seller of it for more than a month. this guy bought it and was quite in a hurry for vinyl to arrive:

and then i see this lol:

p.s. the grade of media is actually vg+, i sold it listed as vg+ as well

:roll: damn it, discogs business
Pervade
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Pervade »

This kind of stuff really is ridiculous. Selling an expensive record at market value is one thing, but jacking up the price by nearly 4x right after you buy it is just absurd...
Get busy listenin', or get busy dyin'.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

n1colae thank you for sharing that story with screen shots.. I'm not sure if discogs would care to stop this from happening as they get a % now from sales, but perhaps show more specific digital foot print to help transparency. thats an incredible story.

new rule #1 : don't sell to anyone in Italy. haha
I've literally seen this in a sellers note before...
"no shipping to Italy"