Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing)

- open
WillieSmalls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing

Post by WillieSmalls »

jackbrazzo wrote:Thats a shame Willie - why are you sellin man. I've just trimmed my collection. still buy but I am down to one expedit Ikea rack now. Not much space in London :(
Getting old, wanting to do different things with my time.....

I started trimming my collection down a few years ago from 3,000+ records to around 500, sold about 200 in the last couple of months and made over £2,500.
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Misgrading is my main issue with several discogs sellers. It's not VG+ or NM if there's visible scratches all over it (even superficial) and it sounds crackly as fck. I can go and look out the seller names if anyone wishes...
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Been wondering, is that romainlg guy for real?
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

7 from wantlist, EUR1200
:lol:
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

hm maybe he likes to show off or something like this ..

he has many records for 2 € also :D
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

Love this thread. Very useful indeed.

I also propose to ban this particular arsehole: unique442

Just to give you a little example, the guy is currently trying to sell this record here for €75: http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Sunkis ... bp_rel_det

Yep, seventy five fvcking euros, no less. Surely it must be one hell of a rare and sought-after record, right? Well, no, it isn't. In fact if you check its stats, the have/want ratio is only 107/57. Well, maybe it was consistently sold for a lot of money in the past? Let's see... nope, doesn't seem to be the case. The average is merely €7.38, and the highest is €11.22. So why on earth is this individual selling this particular record for such an unreasonably high price? Well, the only logical explanation i have is that he is just greedy and doesn't give a damn about people who love music, but is only in this business to make money. Oh, and he is a massive hypocrite as well.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

Papa Bear wrote:Love this thread. Very useful indeed.

Just to give you a little example, the guy is currently trying to sell this record here for €75: http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Sunkis ... bp_rel_det

Yep, seventy five fvcking euros, no less. Surely it must be one hell of a rare and sought-after record, right? Well, no, it isn't. In fact if you check its stats, the have/want ratio is only 107/57. Well, maybe it was consistently sold for a lot of money in the past? Let's see... nope, doesn't seem to be the case. The average is merely €7.38, and the highest is €11.22. So why on earth is this individual selling this particular record for such an unreasonably high price? Well, the only logical explanation i have is that he is just greedy and doesn't give a damn about people who love music, but is only in this business to make money. Oh, and he is a massive hypocrite as well.
what's worse is that, if you check the "other copies for sale," they're all insanely priced as well. when one person prices something super high, everyone else assumes that its rare and worth it, so they then in turn price them high, and it creates a ridiculous and unnecessary vortex of cost that takes forever to come down.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

cloutier wrote:
Papa Bear wrote:Love this thread. Very useful indeed.

what's worse is that, if you check the "other copies for sale," they're all insanely priced as well. when one person prices something super high, everyone else assumes that its rare and worth it, so they then in turn price them high, and it creates a ridiculous and unnecessary vortex of cost that takes forever to come down.
Problem is, it never comes down. It keeps rising. That's how it always happens, unfortunately. Some moronic seller prices any random record at 75 euros all of a sudden, for no reason. Then another moronic seller follows suit. And then another one, and so on. Herd behaviour at its best.

Then the most interesting thing happens. Some moronic rich vinyl collector or a DJ comes around and buys that record for 75 euros because, well, he is rich, he can afford it. Besides, he is in a hurry. He needs that record asap and doesn't have time to contemplate unimportant bullsh*t like how this action is going to affect this particular record's sales history for example. And its sales history changes dramatically. After that every seller who has that record will be trying to sell it for 75 euros or even higher. And they'll also start attaching various idiotic comments to it like "ULTRA RARE MEGA HOT SH*T RECORD!!! BUY NOW!!!". And from then on any average Joe who wants to buy that record finds himself completely screwed.

You wouldn't believe how many records there are in my Discogs wantlist that i left unattended for a while because i was thinking well, there are plenty of copies available and the demand seems to be low, so i'll buy it some time later, only to come back to it after a while and discover that all of the copies are mysteriously gone all of a sudden, and the 'want' number has increased tenfold. I'm tired of this bullshit, and i'm also tired of greedy twats like unique442 who create unexpected price hikes like this -frown 2