are there afterhours events in your neck of the woods

- open
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: are there afterhours events in your neck of the woods

Post by Phase Ghost »

Generally there are, but I'm lucky to make it to the end of the regular event.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

had to laugh at all the people moaning about London - jesus its not all that bad. Plenty of places to go but its normally back to friends places for me for a bit afters and well Jaded? Seems to be going strong.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

have to laugh at anyone that thinks jaded is a good afterhours. ;)

WillieSmalls has hit the nail on the head. we seem obsessed with media and taking pictures.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

WillieSmalls has hit the nail on the head. we seem obsessed with media and taking pictures.
Social media has been a game changer though in so many different ways, not dead keen on FB either but your hand is forced these days and its a necessary evil. I just wish people didnt believe the biggest fallacy in the world that everything was better back in the day...
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

jackbrazzo wrote:
Social media has been a game changer though in so many different ways, not dead keen on FB either but your hand is forced these days and its a necessary evil. I just wish people didnt believe the biggest fallacy in the world that everything was better back in the day...
i cant account for what happened many years ago as im still young myself.

every year in london there seems to be some new cool party. a few years ago it was lokee, then it was half baked and now toi toi and they all seem to have this vibe where pictures are rife and looking cool outweighs getting fucked up and dancing your arse off.

granted there are some decent parties for the heads, but i was just really backing up what williesmalls says because i dont even know this guy and we both, like many others agree that at this nubreed of parties music/clubbing takes a backseat and its more about image.

everytime i nip over to germany i dont get my bombarded with the photographers etc..
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

a new way of promoting I suppose (taking photos) - yes its a bit glam I guess - Germany is on a different level - best place for straight up partying. I went to the opening of DC-10 and found Circo Loco a little bit posy (not that I mind too much) I preferred it when I went 5 years ago but I always tell myself its a new scene, thing evolve and change, rather than griping. I do here where your coming from. There were hundreds of people at Circo Loco just standing there. Anyway each to there own - I certainly wasnt :)
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

jackbrazzo wrote:a new way of promoting I suppose (taking photos) - yes its a bit glam I guess - Germany is on a different level - best place for straight up partying. I went to the opening of DC-10 and found Circo Loco a little bit posy (not that I mind too much) I preferred it when I went 5 years ago but I always tell myself its a new scene, thing evolve and change, rather than griping. I do here where your coming from. There were hundreds of people at Circo Loco just standing there. Anyway each to there own - I certainly wasnt :)

yeah taking photos/videos is a new way of promoting the parties. just makes me laugh how half these parties say its invite only/proper underground vibes and then they go and take photos/videos of the entire thing and then post on facebook.

im going to ibiza in 3 weeks, cant wait. i wont be going dc10 though.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

Check out Santo-Grial in Ibiza town - Free to get in Marc Antona is doing the Dissonant parties there (Most Sundays) - off the hook mate I tell you. (you may already know this)

Still havent been to Underground yet either - supposed to be good. Next time I go I am avoiding the main clubs excluding Sankeys. :green: