decks vinyl discount only for germany

- open
stepz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

decks vinyl discount only for germany

Post by stepz »

Hi guys anyone know why decks have cancelled the vinyl discount for the other europe countries???
it's very sad! i make orders of 500-600 Euros and i'm thinking to change vinyl pusher!!!
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: decks vinyl discount only for germany

Post by Themis »

yes we noticed that 2 month ago, we already wrote them, but as usally there are not very understanding.

we order mostyl now from deejay.de, they have 90 % of the stuff that decks has. and orders above 59 € are free, at least for austria, dont know about other countries.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

Themis wrote:yes we noticed that 2 month ago, we already wrote them, but as usally there are not very understanding.

we order mostyl now from deejay.de, they have 90 % of the stuff that decks has. and orders above 59 € are free, at least for austria, dont know about other countries.
plus the stuff is here on the next day, and if there are any problems they send replacement immediately plus a bunch of promo vinyls with your next order! deejay.de is awesome!

decks on the other hand... those girls there are so hard to argue with.. when i asked them why they canceled the discount, i got a straight lie as an answer.. she said the shipping costs increased so much, that they can`t offer it anymore.. funny thing is that they charge the shipping costs separately and they didn't change at all.. i even checked gsl to approve that there was no price increase, furthermore other stores had no increase in shipping costs aswell..

and by the way, what the fck have shipping costs to do with a discount that was given on a vinyl amount of 100€..... anyway i try to avoid decks as much as possible but they have lots of exclusive stuff especially when it comes to represses and usually they have much more pieces than other stores so .... :? :?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I know for a fact, that distributors again have risen their prices, so maybe that is also a factor regarding this.

deejay.de is also a distributor, so they have much stuff inhouse already :)
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

no no, if a distributor raises their price, they just make the vinyls more expensiv.

their is no need to cancel discounts for big customers. nearly every company in every trade has discounts for big customers, it just makes sense.

so why only cancel discounts for non germans? it just makes no sense.
stepz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stepz »

Certainly in the last three years there has been an increase in the cost of the vinyl due to the rising price of raw materials, but usually these increases, in the end affect the final consumer, while in the intermediate levels tend to keep profit margins stable (or course, to increase it)
is also true that, for some years, the amount of vinyl sold is increasing, a sign that the market is alive
I do not understand therefore the policy of decks to keep the discounts only for German customers, I think this is a bit discriminatory because my money worth as those of a German
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

The only reason I used decks was because of the discount. I might aswell just use Juno now as I'm uk based.
Field
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Field »

ray parry wrote:The only reason I used decks was because of the discount.
This. And the way you can pre-order, add items to your notepad and most important their omnibus order option.
This saves me so much on shipping costs.

However this change in discount policy is just wrong business acumen. Customer service told me also its because the shipping cost to abroad raised since february.
But instead of raising the shipping costs, they removed the discount. This makes no sense, at least not from a marketing point of view.
You should always reward your loyal customers, foreign or domestic. But thats just my opinion..