seth the party animal

- open
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

seth the party animal

Post by aut.t.n »

I don't know, I just love this video, love how this guy is performing. Plain fun to watch!

Also the whole laptop / vinyl / traktor DJ discussion becomes so pointless - performance is all that counts.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: seth the party animal

Post by roland »

nice video indeed..
aut.t.n wrote: Also the whole laptop / vinyl / traktor DJ discussion becomes so pointless - performance is all that counts.
not sure if i totally understand what you mean with performance.. it's good if a dj can fascinate/motivate a crowd with his charisma and passion.. to me he is very good at conveying emotions, it's great entertainment and as you said plain fun to watch.. i remember him playing in my town and his appearance and charisma added a lot of enjoyment to the crowd which created a great atmosphere for his set.. that highly affects if you are being booked again imo...

but after all the songs played by a dj are important to me, and sadly i can't say i like the ones seth is playing these days..

and from here i'm positive that the music you are playing and especially the pool of music in which you are searchin for stuff is kinda determined by the medium you choose to spin..
i guess that's why a random soundcloud set of a wise vinyl collector touches me more than the sets of the big ones today...
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

roland wrote:
not sure if i totally understand what you mean with performance.. it's good if a dj can fascinate/motivate a crowd with his charisma and passion.. to me he is very good at conveying emotions, it's great entertainment and as you said plain fun to watch.. i remember him playing in my town and his appearance and charisma added a lot of enjoyment to the crowd which created a great atmosphere for his set..
that's what I meant.
but after all the songs played by a dj are important to me, and sadly i can't say i like the ones seth is playing these days..

and from here i'm positive that the music you are playing and especially the pool of music in which you are searchin for stuff is kinda determined by the medium you choose to spin..
i guess that's why a random soundcloud set of a wise vinyl collector touches me more than the sets of the big ones today...
and no, i didn't want to restart the media <-> music selection discussion again (but music counts, no question of course). i was referring to the talk about laptop djs being invisibly hidden behind their screens scrolling through folders and vinylists always being "more interesting" to watch because of the "vinyl gesture". anyway, what i actually mean is, whatever medium you choose you should look (and feel) like a rock star when using it ;)
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

he can shake his head as much as he wants, cant stand the music he plays.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

To hell with Seth, Terre has the best dj moves out there...
I couldn't find a decent video of him swaying behind the decks so i decided to attach this freaky one

He's probably the most charismatic dj i've ever seen. Even more charismatic than Villalobos.
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9okaA1DZic
go to 1:30 and see what really happens to that cd. :lol:
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »