Boston

- open
JonasEdenbrandt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Boston

Post by JonasEdenbrandt »

Going to Boston this weekend and staying for about a week. What should I see? Any good recordstores (secondhand ones as well) any good clubs or bars?

Cheers!
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Boston

Post by cloutier »

no, no and no.

i like / hate boston with a passion. had plenty of awesome times there playing at mid-week techno when it was thrown by soul clap, but now i can't say its got much going on. maybe try going to "make it new" at middlesex on a thursday - probably your best bet for good music. outside of that...if rise has anything going on, that'll be decent, too - but they don't serve booze. at all.

boston's liquor laws cripple the city, as does their retarded mass transit. no booze after 1 / 2a (depending on the neighborhood), and the bus and train system shuts down at like...11.30p. brilliant idea, guys. brilliant.

as for record stores, i've never found one good one.

bars? they're fucking everywhere in boston. and they all are pretty much the same.

yes, i know i don't know everything about that city, and i'm sure one of its residents can fill you in far better than i can, but i'm just speaking from experience as a traveler through there so i can only assume that your experience will be much like mine.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier