Butane for president!

- open
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Butane for president!

Post by Dal-Tech »

Sounds kind of generic minimal/ boring.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
hairblz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hairblz »

Little Helpers 35 by Re-Up just out

Rich sounds and thick grooves, lots of space and depth

Same old same old, refreshing beats :D

BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

Themis wrote:i checked out the release of andras toth on little helpers, sorry to say, but wtf?
its just bad. reminds me of all the crap the minus guys play.

the things on alphahouse i can remotly relate to, but butane for president ? you really live on another planet.

no offense ;)

The name of Little Helpers series was started (lately) in 2009. It is named after its concept. Releases are
"helper"
tools for DJs and "help" for talented upcoming producers.

If you're searching for the most serious releases, perhaps Little Helpers is not the best to start with, as
Dj toos (i believe) should be more or less simple, so that they are easy to mix, edit, etc. for those, who are
learning to DJ or make music, or those who like working with tools to make their sets stand out.

Andras Toth is a very talented and devoted young artist. Of course he still has a lot more to learn and experiment
with. Having followed his work for ~ 4 years now, I'm sure he'll cause some big surprises to many in the near future.

Andras Toth has had some releases on Alphahouse this year also and his debut album in 2010, which could give you a better picture of the music he makes.

Thoguh you might have a totally different taste, than I do, I don't think you'd regret listening to his Kana boradcast
set from last year. Let me know... I'm curious.
Last edited by BeatBoxBaby on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
...:::I Looove this Place:::...
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

reddie wrote:Butane sucks big time. Not a single emotion in his work. It is all so synthetic I'm bored to death of that kind of sound.
Now that's a sentence I never would have expected to see on this forum.

"Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005" and still active here... hmmm You're joking, right?!

As for the emotion part, no type or work of art is emotionless. In fact, art is a way of expression of feelings, opinions and ideas, which some people understand, and others don't.

Even though, I don't thik Butane has ever seriously considered a career in politics. :(

P.S.:

hairblz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hairblz »

BeatBoxBaby wrote: Even though, I don't thik Butane has ever seriously considered a career in politics. :(
Hehe aye. I just named the thread this way because his two labels are putting out consistently good, interesting music, from new artists that I've never heard of . . . for example being introduced to Andras Toth was a whopper, for me.

It's pretty funny that this forum is called "mnml" yet it has a lot of members who seem to think minimal techno is dead.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

hairblz wrote: It's pretty funny that this forum is called "mnml" yet it has a lot of members who seem to think minimal techno is dead.
hm, mnml is definitely not dead.. there is not only one "mnml".. i'm f.e. still in love with ricardo, tanaka, dan bell and so on..

it's just most of the sound that accompanied and arised from the big m-nus impact between 05 and 08 that i can't stand..
hairblz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hairblz »

roland wrote: it's just most of the sound that accompanied and arised from the big m-nus impact between 05 and 08 that i can't stand..
Aye, totally. I think what is bad is not the cliched unoriginal music (because there's bad music of all styles), instead what's shitty is that these unimaginative tunes make it into the charts just because that style is in fashion.
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

but charts are about popularity and fashion... so i don't really get your point.
it's always the less popular, more underground that is original and different.