What's happened here?

- open
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: What's happened here?

Post by jackbrazzo »

Perhaps its more personal than music. Different priorities, job, kids, girl, mortgage etc.

Life does change every facet of you including your hobbies. Certainly this has happened for me.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i think the main problem here is beatport.
Crazygoat
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Crazygoat »

tone-def wrote:i think the main problem here is beatport.
Nah, I just used it as an example. Whatpeopleplay, bleep, juno... same to me. Okay, maybe beatport is sucking satan's cock way more than other mp3 shops.
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

One thing that I've learned is that minimal is definitely not a genre. It's a style. And there are 100's of genres with minimal ascetics.

Branch out!! Don't let just house and techno define you!!!

Explore.
loictambay
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by loictambay »

in defense to Minus artists, they did help push the sound that was so "in" a few years back...now thats its not "in" anymore means they're not being creative anymore? bullocks. Just saw Hearthrob this weekend and dude is definitely still on top of his game. I know a lot of people will talk sh!t about this (since jealous people just love to talk sh!t about what's popular) but he's releasing tracks on Culprit soon...his whole live set changed to fit this sound but I gotta say it sounded good! Sexier, funkier, fun, but still Heartthroby...I'm sure a lot of people will hate but me likey
loictambay
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by loictambay »

here's a link to his live set this weekend if anyone is interested is seeing what he's being up to...
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/20555388
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Crazygoat wrote:I have built a huge collection of tracks, around 3000 or something, a lot of underground stuff, not your typical M_nus sound. House, tech-house, techno, dubstep, etc.
I also listen to tons of other types of music, so it's not like I listen to the same thing all the time and got bored.
But still I'm tired. It feels like I'm hearing the same things, honestly. Maybe I just exhausted my patience with the electronic music chapter, I don't know.
That's the root of the problem.
You have too much music.
You can no longer form an emotional bond with it. You've burned out.
My bet is you've never played most of these tracks from start to end.

And the fact that your favorite music style was/is "minimal tech" doesn't help either because... well... let's be honest... "minimal tech" sucks donkey dck.

But don't let it get you down, there is a solution to your problem and it's called vinyl. That is if you still like music.
Once you start buying vinyl your view of things changes dramatically. You will discover a whole new world of (dance) music.
And since a vinyl record is more expensive than a single track on beatport (not to mention that it takes more time to get the records than it is to download a file) you will spend more time choosing a record you want to buy.
This will make you more selective and also refine your taste.
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

Vritually all big name artist are pressured to conform to the latest trends. So if I was playing to a bunch of young kids in America I would have to bust out the Skrillex and DJ Bl3nd or they most likely will not be interested. Welcome to the entertainment biz.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !