Beatport has removed 3 latin american distributors

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Beatport has removed 3 latin american distributors

Post by patrick bateman »

ray parry wrote:i know lots of people that just use an engineer and they get top 10's all the time. so people are buying tracks, and being fed information that isnt always true. how would you feel if you found out your favourite producer doesnt infact make music at all, and is away in bubblefuck djing and has an engineer sat at home making music for him/her?
Don't come and tell me that this is happening in music business? You have just ruined my 25 years of loving music.... :shock: :? -urk :roll: ;)
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

Ray, that's nothing new. That's why on old dance 12" there is more than one person in the credits. Written by, produced/co-produced by, engineer etc.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

ray parry wrote:
that no1 in deep house at the moment isnt that well made either. all they have done is take a drum loop and chopped up cream by wu tang. how creative!
You kinda sound like a hater. That's one of the most classic and recognizable hip hop sequences in history. Whoever the hell Claptone is, good on him.

Granted, it ain't deep house, but so what.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

jessejames wrote:
ray parry wrote:
that no1 in deep house at the moment isnt that well made either. all they have done is take a drum loop and chopped up cream by wu tang. how creative!
You kinda sound like a hater. That's one of the most classic and recognizable hip hop sequences in history. Whoever the hell Claptone is, good on him.

great so someone takes something that is well known, samples it and releases it. I dunno, but I like hearing new ideas, not something that has been done lots of times before. Was it solomon that did them Warren G ones? Wasnt really feeling them either, its like comical house music. Would you really want to hear that sort of music at 7am in some grotty dark club off your nut?

Seriously though, I do not hate the charts. I was just pointing out that good music makes no difference to sales. There is some quality that gets through sometimes, but it in all honestly the charts don’t relate to my tastes in music.

I have no problem with beatport. I like it, if I can’t find something on vinyl straight away I always go to beatport and most of the time it has it. Even some of the old classics on Svek they have, which is a great label.
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

wow didnt know that sh!t track is nr. 1.
techno made me do it
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

ray parry wrote:
jessejames wrote:
ray parry wrote:

great so someone takes something that is well known, samples it and releases it. I dunno, but I like hearing new ideas, not something that has been done lots of times before. Was it solomon that did them Warren G ones? Wasnt really feeling them either, its like comical house music. Would you really want to hear that sort of music at 7am in some grotty dark club off your nut?

Seriously though, I do not hate the charts. I was just pointing out that GOOD MUSIC makes no difference to sales. There is some quality that gets through sometimes, but it in all honestly the charts don’t relate to MY TASTES IN MUSIC.

I have no problem with beatport. I like it, if I can’t find something on vinyl straight away I always go to beatport and most of the time it has it. Even some of the old classics on Svek they have, which is a great label.
Who says your taste in music is good? I'm goading you, obviously, but you see my point?

People always harp on "new ideas" in dance music like it actually really happens that often. I haven't been taken aback by such an idea except maybe a few times a year and the first time I heard proper minimal tracks back in the early 2000's. I remember specifically the last time I was impressed by such an idea was when I heard the early Objekt releases. Who exactly is doing these groundbreaking new tracks? Everyone is doing spins on old ideas.

Almost everything has been done before. Granted. However if someone does those same old ideas in a "good" way then I'm cool with that. Who is REALLY making new sound generating modules? Look at all the hardware and software that has come out in the last two years. NONE of it is groundbreaking, really, even though a lot of it is GOOD. I mean the hottest sh!t right now is VSTs that emulate desks? C'mon.

I, personally, got sick of constantly searching for the newest sh!t. It gets old and it turned me into someone that had a hard time appreciating new music. I'd rather just take it in for what it is.

FFS the biggest new names in house/techno right now are all rehashing old styles!

For the record, I am a humongous nostalgic and yes, I would get down to a Wu-Tang sampled track. Or a Warren G sampled track. I would even make a track with those samples. Those albums/songs immediately transport me to a time when my life was much different and I connect with them on a level that cannot be done in other ways. That connection alone is enough to make me listen to and like them.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

jessejames wrote:
ray parry wrote:
jessejames wrote:
ray parry wrote:

Seriously though, I do not hate the charts. I was just pointing out that GOOD MUSIC makes no difference to sales. There is some quality that gets through sometimes, but it in all honestly the charts don’t relate to MY TASTES IN MUSIC.

Who says your taste in music is good? I'm goading you, obviously, but you see my point?

People always harp on "new ideas" in dance music like it actually really happens that often. I haven't been taken aback by such an idea except maybe a few times a year and the first time I heard proper minimal tracks back in the early 2000's. I remember specifically the last time I was impressed by such an idea was when I heard the early Objekt releases. Who exactly is doing these groundbreaking new tracks? Everyone is doing spins on old ideas.

Almost everything has been done before. Granted. However if someone does those same old ideas in a "good" way then I'm cool with that. Who is REALLY making new sound generating modules? Look at all the hardware and software that has come out in the last two years. NONE of it is groundbreaking, really, even though a lot of it is GOOD. I mean the hottest sh!t right now is VSTs that emulate desks? C'mon.

I, personally, got sick of constantly searching for the newest sh!t. It gets old and it turned me into someone that had a hard time appreciating new music. I'd rather just take it in for what it is.

FFS the biggest new names in house/techno right now are all rehashing old styles!

For the record, I am a humongous nostalgic and yes, I would get down to a Wu-Tang sampled track. Or a Warren G sampled track. I would even make a track with those samples. Those albums/songs immediately transport me to a time when my life was much different and I connect with them on a level that cannot be done in other ways. That connection alone is enough to make me listen to and like them.
I never once said I was right or my tastes were right. I was just saying, how I see it. I like things to be be serious, and imo them sort of bootlegs are not. I know they are meant to be fun, but again I'm not that sort of person. If it works for you then good for you. I guess its like Marmite.

I think there is loads of fresh music being put out. Loads from the UK scene, some Dutch and Romanians also putting out fantastic music. The ones rehashing old styles still do it in their own way though, that freshens things up a bit. That classic house sound though, im done with that. Minimal seems to be coming back a little bit, I think I might jump on that bandwagon next. ;)

I actually dont find hard to find records. my decks order is always full up, and there is always stuff I could add. I feel like its a really good time at the moment for vinyl buyers.
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

ray parry wrote:Wasnt really feeling them either, its like comical house music. Would you really want to hear that sort of music at 7am in some grotty dark club off your nut?
An artist from my old neck of the woods = Dallas, Texas is at #10. It just sound like a contemporary dance remix of Pop vocal music.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !