mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: butch's chart...

Post by ray parry »

hairblz wrote:
ray parry wrote:
Mef Dncng wrote:
LouisVee wrote:HAHAHAHHAHAH

A chart should represent the tracks you like at the moment... from other artists no? To give respect... that's strange.

Dj's should never chart more than one of their track imo....
Imho djs should never chart any of their tracks!

Why?
Because if the charts don't contain tracks by other artists, the chart is useless, I may as well find new tracks myself!!!
What happens if they chart something of theirs that you haven't heard of before?
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

Come on, let's not split hairs here. A chart should contain the tracks the artist likes at the moment, it shouldn't be a way to promote his own tracks. that just sucks. I have no problem with an artist pushing one of his tracks, one he likes a lot, but come on, only his own tracks, that's not cool
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

Kiani wrote:Come on, let's not split hairs here. A chart should contain the tracks the artist likes at the moment, it shouldn't be a way to promote his own tracks. that just sucks. I have no problem with an artist pushing one of his tracks, one he likes a lot, but come on, only his own tracks, that's not cool

well they just want their music to sell, so charting it makes sense as people look at the charts. its hard at the moment to sell music... these people sit in their basements making music all day, so once their music comes out they want it to do as well as possible. I admit a whole chart full of his own music is a bit much, but so is saying nobody should chart more then just 1 track of their own. due to this thread alone he has prob got at least one more sale, so it was worthwhile ;) I bet he likes his own music, so charting them kind of makes sense.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

If he was doing a live act then no problem but I think it's not the case. He's just using the charts to promote his music, and that is not the intention of doing a chart.
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

ray parry wrote:
Kiani wrote:Come on, let's not split hairs here. A chart should contain the tracks the artist likes at the moment, it shouldn't be a way to promote his own tracks. that just sucks. I have no problem with an artist pushing one of his tracks, one he likes a lot, but come on, only his own tracks, that's not cool

well they just want their music to sell, so charting it makes sense as people look at the charts. its hard at the moment to sell music... these people sit in their basements making music all day, so once their music comes out they want it to do as well as possible. I admit a whole chart full of his own music is a bit much, but so is saying nobody should chart more then just 1 track of their own. due to this thread alone he has prob got at least one more sale, so it was worthwhile ;) I bet he likes his own music, so charting them kind of makes sense.
I don't think he made sales after this thread!

For me, he lost a lot of credibility... that's not serious.

Maybe he was joking actually!
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

In which book can I read more about the 'chart rules'?
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

Well I bought a butch track off the back of this thread. I couldnt give a flying fck if the man charted his own music, all I care about is if its good or not.

'wanky mnml forum rules ' book P.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

patrick bateman wrote:In which book can I read more about the 'chart rules'?
Probably here. Or here.

People who promote themselves (so explicitly) are small timers in my opinion.