Eliminating turntable feedback (club environment)

- open
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Eliminating turntable feedback (club environment)

Post by tsankip »

Have you also got feedback on low volumes? Maybe a ground issue like you suggested?

What mixer have you got there? We've had some ground issues with DJM800 because one of the grounds was fucked at the back. If that's the case you can connect both grounds to the one that works...

You could also swap the decks around and find out if one of the decks is fucked. The same with needles.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

john clees wrote:what does your set consist of : digital or vinyl? a mixture of both? perhaps it's just a slight needle adjustment?

I once played an after hours earlier this year and playing my digital/serato outlet was fine, however when I attempted to play vinyl it made a significant humm/buzz. the needles I was using at the time were made more specifically for digital. * concord ortofon's
are all ortofons made for digital djing?

i have this needle : http://www.moogaudio.com/ortofon-cc-ele ... p-292.html and ive never really had feedback problems...though im just playing at home and not on a big rig..but lee burridge played using it last april (the club needed a needle and i was opening for him so i brought it) on a huge sound system (stereo afterhours..look it up :) ) and there was absolutely no feedback and sounded great..
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

b-ran wrote:
john clees wrote: are all ortofons made for digital djing?
Only the Digitracks. Seem like a bit of a waste of money to be honest, if you're purely using Serato etc just get some M44-7s and be done with it :D
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

ortofons as a whole just annihilate your vinyl. i still don't know why people champion them so much.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

what about this one?

http://www.recordcase.de/cgi-bin/cosmos ... ce=message
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

cloutier wrote:ortofons as a whole just annihilate your vinyl. i still don't know why people champion them so much.
Used mine for years and my vinyl seems to be just fine, and they sound great.

What do you recommend instead? I'm always open to suggestions but I've not found anything as good, tried Shure M35x a while ago on a recommendation and found their sound and tracking were pretty rubbish (and their quality control, both the needles were DOA and badly bent and I had to get new ones), heard mixed reviews about Whitelabels too.
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

I replaced my Ortofon's with Shure Whitelabels. Better tracking and they're more solid than Ortofons. Lots of people recommend those hip-hop cartridges from Shure.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

shure whitelabels are the king, if you ask me. can't really front on them at all. hell, shure's in general, though the m44-7's (the hiphop carts) are a little hard on wax since they're made for scratching.

i used to love the stanton 680hp's, but they changed the design and they look and sound worse.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier