Vinyl only?

- open
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Vinyl only?

Post by jackbrazzo »

Biggest threat to people playing vinyl though is the lack of good serviced turntables in a club. Unless its a good place which is proud of sound the setup certainly in the UK is 2 x CDJ with 1200's 20yrs old no or shite needles\not earthed properly or used as coasters for laptops. Listen I dont have a problem with the latter but even now I am considering leaving my bag at home for the occasional gigs that I do have. :shock:
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

jackbrazzo wrote:Biggest threat to people playing vinyl though is the lack of good serviced turntables in a club. Unless its a good place which is proud of sound the setup certainly in the UK is 2 x CDJ with 1200's 20yrs old no or shite needles\not earthed properly or used as coasters for laptops. Listen I dont have a problem with the latter but even now I am considering leaving my bag at home for the occasional gigs that I do have. :shock:
yeah and the fact that probably the dj's before you were playing with traktor, so then a stage manager or how do you call them comes in and plugs in your turntables, you start mixing in your first record and it turns out there's this zoom as a background noise, so then 3 other guys jump in and are trying to figure out where goes which cable, so all of a sudden, one of them pushes the turntable aside so your record skips, you start being irritated by them, you forget which record you wanted to play next, but you have to be fast, because your record skipped towards the end of the track and then they say: "well, i'm afraid you'll have to use your cd's".... :)
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

jackbrazzo wrote:Biggest threat to people playing vinyl though is the lack of good serviced turntables in a club. Unless its a good place which is proud of sound the setup certainly in the UK is 2 x CDJ with 1200's 20yrs old no or shite needles\not earthed properly or used as coasters for laptops. Listen I dont have a problem with the latter but even now I am considering leaving my bag at home for the occasional gigs that I do have. :shock:
ya, but if there were two technics it kinda always worked out for me.. i have to bring my own catridges (and even slipmats) everytime tho.. lately my biggest issue was feedback and a lack of monitoring(but that's not vinyl related)..

nevertheless i have seen more people having problems with getting traktor going.. anyway, what do you wanna bring instead of your bag to the occasional gigs?
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

you took me too literally -I meant I am thinking of leaving my records at home - I will still take my bag on CDs and Vinyl.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

is there anyone here that thinks they are cool because they play vinyl?

man i hate that sh!t... all over my facebook you have people taking pictures of their vinyl. why would anyone do that other then to show off how cool they are? real vinyl fans dont say sh!t, we just continue to buy the music we love on the format we love since the start.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yeah at the moment vinyl is the hippest thing, but even if it annoys me a bit, it only can help to bring more music back to vinyl and for that i can endure some pictures on facebook :)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

ray parry wrote:is there anyone here that thinks they are cool because they play vinyl?

man i hate that sh!t... all over my facebook you have people taking pictures of their vinyl. why would anyone do that other then to show off how cool they are? real vinyl fans dont say sh!t, we just continue to buy the music we love on the format we love since the start.
i've never seen anyone do that.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

ray parry wrote:is there anyone here that thinks they are cool because they play vinyl?
How is that a bad thing, Mr.Profiteer?
In my opinion more people should think that playing vinyl is cool. The whole industry will benefit from it.
More people playing vinyl means more records being pressed. More people playing vinyl means more turntables being produced. More people playing vinyl means more record stores will remain in business.
It seems to me that it only pisses you off because you think you are special, "a real vinyl fan"... Ease up, man. Let people celebrate the magic that is a vinyl record in their own way. And if it makes them feel cool, hip... whatever... good for them.