Vinyl only?

- open
Joshua Joy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Vinyl only?

Post by Joshua Joy »

Themis wrote:vinyl will never die of course, even if the club has no turntables i bring them on my own :D
that's what is so crazy about it in my opinion. it is still the most important medium of the techno/house scene, but at the same time sales went down so much that people are actually talking about the death of vinyl. of course it won't die but there are not enough people supporting the whole industry. i'm also talking about the record shops, distributions and everything involved. i go to my local store regularly and i love it so much. it's a big source of inspiration for me. and therefore i have no problem to pay a few bucks more for a record.

the whole development of the digital market pisses me off. every idiot can start his label and sell tracks online...there is no risk involved...and therefore there is a big lack of passion in many cases. and i totally agree with barfunkel about the selfism...but i think it's not so much about comments on any network because that in fact doesn't mean much, it's more about not downloading music illegaly for free and actually support the scene and the best way to do that is to buy vinyl and go to the shows of artists you love.