Any good DUB TECHNO aimed straight at the dance floor?

- open
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: Any good DUB TECHNO aimed straight at the dance floor?

Post by Themis »

quelquechose wrote:8 years! So you will hold his jacket while I give a new opinion? Are you alive when the Berliners who take your money play whatever is new and make a mess of it?
whats the new opinion? that dubtechno is sh!t cause dubstep shouldnt be mixed with techno?

the problem here is, and that is what cloutier was saying, that your posting suggests that you think the dub in dubtechno stands for dubstep or is a indication for the mix of dubstep and techno in a track. to be clear: it is not !

i give it to you, if you are fairly new to the electronic scene, i could understand why you would think that.

and cause cloutier is a nice guy he told you to not confuse this two genres.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

quelquechose don't get all defensive dude :), clearly your post seemed like you interpreted dubstep as being the main genre and dub techno being some way to get techno into that direction, which is a) totally wrong and b) a typical rather superficial idea which seems to be dominating the new school club scene now ... dub techno goes a long way back, and I believe even longer than (the original form of) dubstep...

they all just take the dub sound from original dub, which is a reggae subgenre

and what's up with hating on Berliners? if it weren't for them, a lot of good music wasn't made and you probably wouldn't be on this board right now
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

and this also. Shifted in disguise. works on the floor effortlessly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qknm4QLQK4
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

tsankip wrote:The whole EP is very nice:

Love all the (Re)form stuff. Quality label.
DJ L'embrouille
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by DJ L'embrouille »

Hot topic :green:

My 2 cents of recent hears :

Roberto - The Land of the Midnight Sun (AFFIN093)
Samaan - Five (FBD015)
Mekas - A II & B I (DVD039)
Shifted - Control (Mote024)
Damien Schneider - Future two (Apol002)
Sublime Porte - Red Apple (2011 Rework) (SP010)
Truncate - Truncate 17 (enemy016)
Tausend - Light Kulture (RW022)
zzzzra - mecanographie phase 2 (toni latenz access granted rework) (schall033)
Ozka - Ekwalize (MOW009)
Derves - Olor (CHRM010)
Ion Ludwig - Background Be (DeWalta Private Rework) (Meander007)
conrad van orton - mechanical winter (CRS010)

among many others... anyway, for some, those don't sound dub, for others, not danceable, for my mother, it's not either music....

just a share !
quelquechose
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by quelquechose »

Kiani wrote:quelquechose don't get all defensive dude :), clearly your post seemed like you interpreted dubstep as being the main genre and dub techno being some way to get techno into that direction, which is a) totally wrong and b) a typical rather superficial idea which seems to be dominating the new school club scene now ... dub techno goes a long way back, and I believe even longer than (the original form of) dubstep...

they all just take the dub sound from original dub, which is a reggae subgenre

and what's up with hating on Berliners? if it weren't for them, a lot of good music wasn't made and you probably wouldn't be on this board right now
You blame me for being defensive? I did not expect a lecture from Mr Cloutier who has been here for 8 years. Maybe my first post was not clear, but your B scenario is spot on. That is all I was trying to say. Also I do not hate Berliners, but when I say Berliners, I mean bandwagoners who think that renting a flat there means they must be good. It does not.
Digital Fist
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Digital Fist »

All excellent stuff again, thankyou.

I'm playing a warmup techno slot in a few weeks. :)