mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

if you didn't idose so much you wouldn't have hearing problems
Settimo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Settimo »

Not to be bearer of bad news but, hearing damage is for the most part, permanent. My teachers have scared the crap out of me with all the things that damage your hearing. Scientists really don't even know how badly this generation has damaged, or not damaged our hearing, it's a very difficult thing to test. You should look into a cochlea surgery, it might be horribly expensive, I'm not sure, but it's the most important part of your ear. The basilar membrane extends the length of the cochlea, but what lies on top the basilar membrane is something called the organ of corti. The organ of corti has thousands of little hairs, these hairs cause you to hear, because certain resonant frequencies trigger them, making them vibrate. Basically moral of the story is this: once you kill the hairs in the organ of corti they NEVER grow back...ever. :(
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

Try meditation in all seriousness. Sit, relax and try to expand your real of hearing. Try to dissect all of the sounds you hear, even the dog barking ten blocks away, try to hear the furthest things away from you. Do this every night at bed if you want.
/__/\ /__/\ /__/\
| |::\ \ \:\ | |::\
hwkspk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Hearing loss... any good news?

Post by hwkspk »

i know this is old but thought id throw a couple things out there. .

recently had a scare of some tinnitus/hyperacusis symptoms in right ear. as well as 30 db drop in some low range and some highs. . . . mild tinnitus is still present but the major issue which has subsided was the loud roaring in my right ear which seemed to be stimulated by any ambient noise. . . . . .

anyhow. . . i did come across this company in my research. . .
http://www.t-gone.com/noise-tinnitus.htm
they make homeopathic blends for tinnitus. . . . one blend is specifically for noise induced tinnitus (most common) and cochlear damage. .

they have a great informative free pdf book to download too. . .

i also ordered tinnitus miracle (another program out there) but i think the same info is basically covered in the t-gone book. . .

ive also been taking some of the suggested supplements that are suggested in there. .
like magnesium aspartate. .& . vinpocetine . . . . . .

i also was listening to low levels of broadband pink noise for a few hours a day in my headphones. . . but if you get pink noise make sure it is in wav/aiff and not mp3. . . . .

anyhow. . i hope you have found some relief. . you are not alone. . .