DARK MINIMAL MIXES

- open
HEFTY
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by HEFTY »

kristofason wrote:WLP061 Lee Curtiss ((Live)) at 12turn13

paste this into a peer to peer site (soulseek maybe!?!)

dark as fck
found it, gonna dwnload now, thanks
HEFTY
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by HEFTY »

lejockey wrote:Here you go. One I recorded live at CUR1350 (Cambridge University Radio)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d07aju

Gets very dark :)
cool ill dwnload it now

thanks
HEFTY
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by HEFTY »

jaco wrote:so the darkness is still alive?
(*)
sure is! heres what i posted in the intros bit (that no1 read!)

howdy all, im new. ive joined the forums to get in touch with like minded people who dig music, to learn production techniques and collaborate with others to possibly produce something new and exciting, to learn about minimal as a genre and to promote myself as a dj and producer of darker sounds. Im always happy to give feedback on productions/mixes as i believe that its hard to be subjective about your own music so its helpful for someone else to give it a listen and give constructive criticism, its also always interesting for me to see what others are producing.

I am a dj/fan/producer and purveyor of dark sounds. I was introduced to the world of the london underground party scene in 2002 and was drawn in and never left. My musical style is inspired by the dark underground sounds that made me realise there was a whole new world of music out there. I play/produce all kindsa dark moody spooky eerie hypnotic stuff from chundering bass heavy minimal tek to dwntempo trippy dubstep. I found it hard to consistently find dark material, so i make my own, tracks on www.myspace.com/heftyproductions

Djwise I play all kinds of dark spooky music, no happy stuff. My genre of choice is druggy bass driven dark minimal house (no poppy sparse quirky sht), but i dont limit myself to one genre, anything dark n bass heavy gets my vote. I do my very best to try and stand out from the crowd and find unknown and underplayed tracks. Mixes from dubstep and reggae to evil electro and robotechno are available from my website http://www.musicv2.com/artist/hefty My 1st minimal mix which i did a while back is called Microphobia. i shall b uploading a new demo v soon.

so yeah im looking for musical banter and other fans of the dark side and anyone up for making some dark tunes, i use Reason 4.0
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

Enjoying your myspace tunes mate ;)
HEFTY
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by HEFTY »

iainkerr7 wrote:Enjoying your myspace tunes mate ;)
sweet, thanks for letting me know, any track in particular (just outta interest)?
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

HEFTY wrote:
sweet, thanks for letting me know, any track in particular (just outta interest)?
Me and my mate both think Achluophobia edit is a nailer

I like Hypnophobia & Coulrophobia. Superb stuff man :)
HEFTY
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by HEFTY »

iainkerr7 wrote:
HEFTY wrote:
Me and my mate both think Achluophobia edit is a nailer

I like Hypnophobia & Coulrophobia. Superb stuff man :)
nice one thats wicked to hear as im hoping that Achluophobia will b my debut track as a minimal producer, gonna send it out to folks etc im trying to make some dark minimal as ive found theres not much of it about thats decent and im trying my best not to make my tunes generic and run of the mill, so yeah thats great.

ill let u know when ive done my new dark minimal demo mix

sooooo any other dark (member) mixes out there?
michielwijnen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by michielwijnen »

not mixes, been a long time since I recorded a mixset, but I do try to create dark minimal tracks :)

And you can also check http://www.underlinelabel.com/ if you click the little squares at the bottom, you get streamed livesets of underline artists.