selling of my AKAI
have a look if you're interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :B:LC:UK:1
clickclick-bleepy-clickclick-bleepyblip
Leander_Techno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Leander_Techno »

Very nice sampler/sequenzer :!: ... But not interesting for me as I work with software samplers (Kontakt/Halion 2)
Creative use of technology is a form of Art
crisp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by crisp »

Are you shure you're not goin' to regret this?? Ok it takes a bit longer to produce a track on that machine then it does on a computer, but it's worth the effort, you just can't beat that timing, that sequencer is asstight!!! And it never ever crashes!! Mine stays right @ the center of my setup.

Greetz Crisp :)
"House is minimalist music, just exactly what the body needs to get it jackin" (Chip E, anno 1986)
Leander_Techno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Leander_Techno »

I must say that I have never worked with the Akai MPC2000... the main reason why I prefer a software sampler is that it think it has more features, for example kontakt had 17 filters and a lot of effects..

greets.
Creative use of technology is a form of Art
crisp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by crisp »

Actually that was directed to blip :)
If he's not goin to regret selling it...

But you're right, software samplers ar far more advanced feature wise. But think about it, when people are jacking their body's @ 04.00 h in the morning, do you really think they are wondering if the track is made with a software sampler using 17 filters??? I don't think so, they are jacking(uncounsciously) to a tightass beat, and like i said, nothing beats the mpc for that, except maybe 808/909 drumcomputers.

In the end offcours it doesn't matter what gear you use. A good track is a good track, it's that simple, but when those double time snares kick in with Green Velvet freestyling over it "cameras ready prepare to flash" after so many years i still start dancin' and shoutin' like a retard!!! That's MPC baby!! You simply can not recreate something like that with laptop's.

I'm not against them tough, i use one myself, with Soundforge, and Ableton. But for beatprogramming, i rely heavily on the mpc. Ask Dr. Dre, he made Eminem a millionaire using one :lol: :lol:

Greetz Crisp
"House is minimalist music, just exactly what the body needs to get it jackin" (Chip E, anno 1986)
Blip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Blip »

i have had it for a year, i bought it second had from the techno artist REGIS, i have turned it on once. i bought lots of kit from him, and have hardly had the time to wire any of it up. i am WAY too busy, and too busy to learn a whole new peice of kit. i need the moeny to invest in my new company. it would be better to see it being used by someone who'll love it than it gathering dust in my studio.
yeah, i regret it already, i would LOVE to learn it and kill some tracks with it, but i seriously dont have the time.

the sale fucked up too, and the guy could not buy it, so i have had to relist. :-(
clickclick-bleepy-clickclick-bleepyblip