Concorde Nightclub E
59%

Total votes: 27

audiostatic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiostatic »

Stanton Diablo Proffessional dj

been using these for about 3 1/2 months, really please with them :D sound great & very good tracking.

# ideal for mixing, scratching & recording
# Direct tonearm mountable (concorde design)
# Spherical stylus
# 2-5g tracking weight
# 5.5mv output voltage
# 20hz - 17khz frequency response
# Unique polished red finish
# Fits any dj deck (fits every dj deck sold @ htfr!)
# Suited for professional & beginner use

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR224598

Btw they come with a lifetime warranty :shock:
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

For my own playing, I just stick with my trusty Shure M44Gs. I know it's not going to win any awards, but it is quite decent and versatile...and quite easy on the vinyl! Some of my records are quite rare and I'm not gonna chew them up with some fancy needle that requires ridiculously high tracking force :o
pantycontrol
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pantycontrol »

miroslav wrote:For my own playing, I just stick with my trusty Shure M44Gs. I know it's not going to win any awards, but it is quite decent and versatile...and easy on the vinyl! Some of my records are quite rare and I'm not gonna chew them up with some fancy elliptical needle that requires ridiculously high tracking force :o
this needle is known obviously for it's non-skipping powers, but it apparently doesn't need to be calibrated every time. just pop these babies on and your ready.
"that sounds like a dog fart a hand clap"
Bareknuckle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bareknuckle »

I had M44g's about two years ago, then I got q-berts... wouldn't trade them q-berts for anything.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Cartridges

Post by breton »

I'm gonna necro this thread...

I've been thinking about getting myself a pair of Grados (DJ200i)... Anyone has these?
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Shure M44-7 over here... thought it was standard. havn't really tried any others.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Been using Ortofon Elektros (the white ones) for a while, kinda fancy a change though. They're nice sounding carts although I'm recently noticing the highs breaking up a bit sometimes, even with fairly new tips.
Johbremat
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Nope.

Post by Johbremat »

Sorry to say I haven't used the DJ200i, but heard good reports on them.

I'm currently using Ortofon S-120 OM. Absolute sick nuts. They're spherical, stick like glue at 2.5g, give me perfect calibration in SSL and even make some of my older tunes sound fresh again.

Steered away from the M44s as I didn't like that all the setups I've used and seen seem to have the cart just hovering above the was. That it, if the needle failed the whole unit wouldn't even bounce...just draaaag across the vinyl *ewww*

Whitelabels were a go, but I kept hearing stories about needles falling away or spanning frequently so thought I'd give it a miss (that, and for the cost of two I got three of the S-120s).