Pope died...

- open
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

laughing about his death is plain stupid...
Teknorich wrote:and bringing in a lot of reforms to the Catholic church, trying to make it more modern.
but I will never accept to see "modern" and "catholic church" in the same sentence as long as they don't allow (I'm not even asking to "recommend") the use of condoms, in an era when millions of people dies from aids in under-developped catholic countries...
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

*yawn* I didn't care for the pope one bit. This is where I stand. Short and sweet...now...dance partaaaayY!!!!
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

whatever he did in the past
going all over the world, setting up million dollar masses in 3d world countries, countries where people are being oppressed, dying of hunger...
i'm sorry, but he lost all credibility for me, and the church itself never had any credibility at all, only a few individuals dedicating their lives to the needy and the poor, they are never mentioned while they are doing so much more than some super star buffoon telling us to pray, up there in his castle

yeah sure, let's pray...

millions of people flocking to rome for this oh so noble man...
that's power and not religion

throughout history religion has always been a means of gaining power over the masses, and the catholic church has always played a crucial role in that, maybe it's not that effective now as it used to be, but they are still very influential... religion should be a personal thing
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

cyhl wrote:
but I will never accept to see "modern" and "catholic church" in the same sentence as long as they don't allow (I'm not even asking to "recommend") the use of condoms, in an era when millions of people dies from aids in under-developped catholic countries...
Yeah... I work for an anti aids non profit organization, and it really makes me mad those anti condom catholic ideas :x
All the work we do is just turned down because of this shitty religious things :cry: :cry:
dunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dunkel »

dsat wrote: throughout history religion has always been a means of gaining power over the masses, and the catholic church has always played a crucial role in that, maybe it's not that effective now as it used to be, but they are still very influential... religion should be a personal thing
im not much into "giving respect to the deads", so i have no problem saying WORD! (i mean in this spesific moment, not implying dsat is disrespecting in any way) :roll:
astro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by astro »

not trying to relive the topic at all.....i mean it

anyway, i as a 3rd. worlder will have to agree with dsat (everything you wrote up there is already in my mind, cool ideas man).
i kinda live in a country that is (pretty much) a sun ray in the middle of the storm, but 3rd. world reality is what i live everyday. i can´t stand on church´s position about what should be done, too many speeches, too little actions.....
the thing is that religion is very important in southamerica, catholicism is the main one, and the church (trhough the pope) is just another power control tool for the oppressed, some conditions of living around here are really non-human, as everyone should know by now.
nobody is getting happy with the dead of an old man who was very ill, nobody´s getting sad either with the dead of a political leader who has done as much as possible to maintain the status quo......
just an opinnion :)
zero.