Karlheinz Stockhausen____Advice to clever children...

- open
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Karlheinz Stockhausen____Advice to clever children...

Post by plaster »

Earlier this year, Radio 3 sent a package of tapes to Karlheinz Stockhausen. The tapes contained music by Aphex Twin, Plasticman, Scanner and Daniel Pemberton. Then in August, the station's reporter dck Witts travelled to Salzburg to meet Stockhausen and ask him for his opinion on the music of these four "Technocrats". But first, they talked about the German composer's own youthful experiments in electronic synthesis...

http://www.pip.dknet.dk/~pip971/stockhau.html
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
tekdev69
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tekdev69 »

I've read it a couple of times today. Brilliant idea. They could do more actions like that. Even if it's not really smart - it's pretty entertaining. ;>

Baron Stockhausen, lol.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

haha...well,twerk is one of the guys that did something like that with now i'm rendered useles,which is tottaly great.
but then again...doing complex and progressive patterns takes a lot of time which i wouldn't mind doing if i was producing in a duo.
tekdev69
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tekdev69 »

The biggest dissapointment is that Hawtin didn't refute. From those four "clever kids" he's the one I respect the most.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

yeah,well...ppl like stockhause can't understand the modern view of the music,so no wonder why he put plastikman so low.
scanner is somehow closer to karlheinz,cos he's also heavy experimenting,but then again...i don't like his music,but the ideas are really original.
tekdev69
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tekdev69 »

plaster wrote:yeah,well...ppl like stockhause can't understand the modern view of the music
I wonder what he'd say after listening to Basic Channel CD. :>
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

bah

Post by pheek »

I always take any comments from a distance when it comes from someone who think he knows everything about something. I think Stockhausen listened to music out of context and it becomes quite easy to be critical.
I don't like psychology whatsoever: using music like a drug is stupid. One shouldn't do that : music is the product of the highest human intelligence, and of the best senses, the listening senses and of imagination and intuition.
That guy never tried lsd for sure nor went into therapy. Those are probably some of life best things as you get to know and explore the realm of yourself. Music can be whatever you want it to be. Who the hell is he to decide what it has to be?
And as soon as it becomes just a means for ambiance, as we say, environment, or for being used for certain purposes, then music becomes a whore, and one should not allow that really; one should not serve any existing demands or in particular not commercial values
I agree about the commercial part but not the rest. If I want my music to be atmospheric and soothing, why not? I don't believe i'm a whore because I do that. :?
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

well,those ppl really thought they caught god when field recording started with them.

i completely agree that music is the highest form of intelligence though,because we cal all releate to it in one way or another,yet it sepaks to us in various ways and feelings.

then...bruce haack! :twisted: