electronic dance music...

- open
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

electronic dance music...

Post by minimal house »

10 years from now.

Will there still be a demand for minimal or electronic dance music in 2015?

Will the same guys/gals still be around making/playing it (hawtin, villalobos, magda etc.)?
What will be the primary media for mixing tracks?
Will RECORD labels still be around?

Discuss.
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

We'll have to cross that bridge when we get to it. Who knows what the music industry will be like in 10 years. That's what makes the journey so interesting :)
accdntly
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by accdntly »

Id love to hear what comes from kids who have been working with computers their whole lives.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Ill be 32 years old. I see alot of guys who are this age now dropping out of the scene. The use of digital media will be staggering. TONS of great record labels will be gone. There will be a wider range in whats played at clubs. I see more women and minorities in the industry as well.
Essaj
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Essaj »

there'll be new kind of dope being used
Love is intrumental
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

That's a good point from Accdntly. The kids coming through now, and in the next few years, will have been used to using computers from the very start. Will they produce better tracks? Will they produce different styles of techno?? How will their computer knowledge affect their tastes?

I'm not very good with computers, but my kid brother (7 years younger than me) knows a lot about them. There will be kids younger than him, who know more than him etc. As time passes, and computers become an everyday part of life for everyone, how will that affect music in the future?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I think I'll still be around, even though I'll be 40 at that time... :) haha

I think at that time, vinyl will be almost outdated, and some new kind of media is there (CD/FS/DVD etc.. or something different).

I think lots and lots of distributurs will be gone, because I don't think there'll be the same need of distributors because of the internet and mp3/wav and so on...

Can't see why Hawtin/Villalobos and so on shouldn't be around, I mean, Hawtin was there 10 years ago also (just like me)..... but ofcouse, it's certain that the music will go into some other directions....
jspr
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jspr »

i am listening to all kinds of electronic music since 1992 so ther will be some sort of electronic music in 2015 i think....