copyright,mp3's and stuff like that...

- open
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

copyright,mp3's and stuff like that...

Post by plaster »

This MP3 file is licensed to the public via http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by- ... /legalcode. Summarized, it is allowed to listen, copy and burn this MP3 file for private purpose. It is not allowed to copy, sell, use this MP3 file for commercial purpose. Modifications of this MP3 file are not allowed. All songs are copyrighted and rights are reserved to the authors and Thinnerism.com.

this got me going a little bit while listening to corder's deja hue track...

ok,so we have this or that EP/LP and you decide it to play it out on a gig...how is it legal to do so if this note above doesn't allow it?
should we send an email to the label or artists asking for aprooval or simply pay and resolve the issue?
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

i think they're just playing safe with these .ru sites selling mp3's without licensing them first and stuff.
i don't know any of the people at thinnerism but i'm pretty sure they really wouldn't mind if you play this at a gig from cd or FS. i even think they wouldn't mind if you'd pass it on to a dj friend coz you want to get him to know some new stuff, afterall it saves them bandwith no? :) or would the artists get a certain 'fee' per 'hit' on their pages?? i dunno

they just don't want you to go sell this (would you?? no, right. neither of us would. but they still mention it you know) or edit this track and bring it out as would it have been your own tracks :roll: (would you?? etc. etc.)

they just ask for fairplay i think ;)
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

yes indeed,none of us would sell mp3's...i think!
if you pay a close look at the copyright law it clearly states that the label and the artists preserve the licence,which is ok with me,but the other thing is a bit silly and that is that you musn't copy it,distribute nor play outside your home.
which in the end brings us to a music industry paradox...some offer free while others sell music which is copyrighted by law they wrote.

basicly,besides paying for vinyl for example,we would need to pay a special air fee in order to play the records...or do we pay that the moment we buy music?
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

i see you insist, you definitely want to spend some money :lol: support a good cause in that case! ;)
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

yep,i just won the lottery,so i don't know what to do with cash.
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

send some bucks to s-e asia than ;)

http://www.further.org.uk/tsunamiphucket.wmv