John Clees - Detroit Acid Rework : Ricardo Villalobos Remix

- music
Kreskowanesny
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: John Clees - Detroit Acid Rework : Ricardo Villalobos Re

Post by Kreskowanesny »

Very nice rework, I haven't get it after first listening, but after several tries it has grew up in my ears. I like the way, how you treated a vocals and overall sprawling-in-time mood. I would play it with peculiar detroit orientated tunes :) Great job !

I also finished my version today

It is my very first attempt of remix, I'm pretty curious how you will find it.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

Good work John. I love the drums, in special the whole start/stop rhythms going on. Clever.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

blizt wrote:Good work John. I love the drums, in special the whole start/stop rhythms going on. Clever.
thank you kindly for sharing your response. it's appreciated.
Kreskowanesny wrote:Very nice rework, I haven't get it after first listening, but after several tries it has grew up in my ears. I like the way, how you treated a vocals and overall sprawling-in-time mood. I would play it with peculiar detroit orientated tunes :) Great job !

It is my very first attempt of remix, I'm pretty curious how you will find it.
thank you for the kind words..
My approach was nothing like the original and just used the vocals as one shots placed throughout the track.
your approach seemed to be using loops from the original and rearranging them in a slightly different approach or presentation.. two different perspectives entirely. The same for me, at first I didn't get your track so much, I thought it was a sampled loop that was off a bit, but then it grew on me as well.
thank you so much for sharing your expression with us..

any one else have a version to share?