hnrk - flat (minimal house)

- music
hNRk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

hnrk - flat (minimal house)

Post by hNRk »

hey guys,

had a nice weekend and produced this track in almost no time on my very shitty laptop. Opinions and tips are very welcome!

https://soundcloud.com/hnrk/hnrk-flat

cya!
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: hnrk - flat (minimal house)

Post by victorgonzales »

I like the beat and bass sounds but there is little change over the whole tune in percussion or the other instruments. Maybe a few subtle changes to the drum patterns and some evolving of the other instruments with effects to?
hNRk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hNRk »

thx for the feedback and glad you like it!

yeah variation, there are a few subtle changes, but could have also been a little more.
hNRk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hNRk »

thx michaell for the helpful feedback!

how would you make the drums punchier?
Phurniture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phurniture »

I agree with the comments above as well. For me the interest in a track comes just as much from the arrangement as from the sounds/patterns. With this type of music it sometimes means modulated sounds building up and down into buildups and breakdowns.

In terms of the drum sounds, I think the somewhat mushy clap sound might be a contributor to the non-punchy drums comment. Perhaps introducing a snappy snare along the way. It doesn't that to be super loud in the mix. The hats as well are a bit dull and lacking crispness. Try some higher end EQ and or low cut. Check out some of Goldbaby's free same packs. I'm sure there are some good punchy snappy sounds in there. Cheers.