Lemundsoul - Natural Moves

- music
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Lemundsoul - Natural Moves

Post by lem »

Hi Guys,

I never post in here anymore, but I made a track last week that I am actually really really happy with. (A rare thing for me) I'm always giving advice in the production forum and I thought I would back it all up with some evidence! ;)

As with all my music, there are no sample packs, no synth presets and the only plugins used are the native ableton ones.
It's pretty ambient, I almost considered not even putting a beat in at all.

Anyway, it would be nice if someone liked it as much as me! :D

https://soundcloud.com/lemundsoul/natural-moves

Cheers Lem xxx
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Lemundsoul - Natural Moves

Post by eggnchips »

Hi Lem,

This is really fuckin good music man.
I have a couple of opinions so will leave some constructive critique on the track.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Hi Eggs,

Thanks for your input mate! Not quite sure why you didn't put your critique here... but hey, whatever suits :)

I did do a lot with the bass initially, but it really seemed to throw off the strings and the extra notes just didn't feel 'right'. The simplest bass ended up working the best. I was pretty much doing anything to preserve those strings! I even thought about leaving the beat out all together, thats why there is a 4 minute intro!
The wide hi-hats!? really?! They are my favorite bit :lol: They are made from something you probably use everyday!

If I could rewrite the track I would probably make it much more Dj friendly. But my production has got to a level because I try to produce in the moment and I really hate going back to tracks. I just start something new and try to take whatever lessons learnt to the next project.

Thanks for your feedback
Lem
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

I'm not saying I don't like the hihats, I like it when they hit on the 3,5,7,11 but I just think that stuff you have going on in-between could be toned off a tad as it's too loud and distracting from the rest. I'm not saying get rid like i just think it could sit better in the mix. Other than that it's top.
I'm eager to watch out for your future stuff if this is the way your taking your music. This would be great in a club.

I posted on Soundcloud btw as I wanted to get the right point on the timeline. Feel free to delete.