Ze Tekno Party - The Lion plays piano

- music
pinguinpanic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Ze Tekno Party - The Lion plays piano

Post by pinguinpanic »

Hello all. First of all I'd like to say that this is a very nice and usefull forum you have!

Second of all, I've come here to share something with you. What I'd like to share is one of my first minimal/house/techno that I did. I've been doing this about a week and this is the first track that makes me feel I have created something enjoyable.

I'd really like some feedback though. I'm kind of emerging myself into the world of minimal/house/techno at the same time as I'm trying to create the music, so I feel like there's just so much more to be learned. I've been a guitar player / metal producer for a quite long while but the experience in that field hasn't got very much benefits for doing this except for a strong musical vision.

Tl;dr: FEEDBACK
pinguinpanic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Ze Tekno Party - The Lion plays piano

Post by pinguinpanic »

michaellpenman wrote:nice percs and clap.
I would maybe get a heavier kick and bass. Something that really hits you in the chest and gut
Thanks for your advice. I actually try to get a heavy kick and bass but it's just very hard to get done for me :(. If I get my kick and bass to a nice and thumping level they alway get into a battle for supremecy of the bass frequencies. Any tips on how to EQ both to get them sounding nice and without interference? I'm really lost with the whole kick and bass thing and how to get it nice and moving.

Your tracks on Soundcloud are pretty damn awesome Michaellpenman you realllllly got your lows down. Can you maybe give me some pointers on how to get the lower regions so damn solid? Do you make it solid with mastering or at what point does it start to be so damn tight?