mnml newbie

First minimal techtrack

Post by Jeff Nimmen »

Jeff Nimmen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: First minimal techtrack

Post by Jeff Nimmen »

If you have some usefull tips or don'ts because you don't like the track pls reply
japanic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by japanic »

nice man, keep going ! :) soundcloud ?
minimal...deep...progressive...webradio >>> www.japanic.us <<<
Jeff Nimmen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Jeff Nimmen »

thnx :green:
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

Needs a stronger hook imo. Also, there's a members section for posting tracks.
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

how about getting rid of the cheezy video ?
no offence, I like booty as much as any guy, but it just drives your attention away from the track,
plus the jokes are really lame.
(Never seen Chuck Norris being mentioned so many times before in my life, and I did experience the 80's first hand)

good track, needs a bit of polishing here and there, but defenitely a nice start.
Jeff Nimmen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Jeff Nimmen »

I'll won't use that in my next track.. It was meant to be a joke for my friends. But I can imagine it's a distraction for people.

What kind of polish here and there?
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

Jeff Nimmen wrote:I'll won't use that in my next track.. It was meant to be a joke for my friends. But I can imagine it's a distraction for people.

What kind of polish here and there?

barfunkel's right, it defenitely needs a stronger hook.
I just listened to this for the 3rd time, and yes, that's the biggest problem.

Overall, you're great at putting your little sounds here and there, but your more lead/bass sounds are all the "higher attack sounds" kind. You know, none of them have a fast attack.
Although most people make the mistake that they only use instant attack sounds, and no sounds with a slower attack, you make it the other way around.
Take at least one of your (3 ?? I think) lead/bass kind of sounds and put a faster attack on there, or swap it for a higher attack sound, it will put more contrast in your track.
Also, the melodies they play lack enough variation to last the whole track. (or, as barfunkel said : a better hook). Try putting more variations of your themes in there.

And get rid of the white noise build-up stuff. It's such a cliché. Your break around 3:50 for instance has the white noise thing less prominent in there, and it's still better in my opinion than the other breaks.

Overall, in general everything that could be better in your track is stuff that's composition/arrangement, not soundwise or mixing.
So that's already a great way to start !