halfadder - seytinpyook

- music
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

halfadder - seytinpyook

Post by skept »

a track i wrote. i am very amateur so any feedback or constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

http://thoughtcriminal.ath.cx/mp3/halfa ... npyook.mp3
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

sounds like u give yourself too little credit...sounds good

i dunno maybe instead of fucking with the vocal so much....you could do that to percussion elements more....and put them more in back of the mix, to allow for the beat and bassline to dominated

yeah i like the vocal treatments, but not so upfront and constantly....id prefer them every now and then....would make them sound more special

here your giving it away wholesale

hehe....i dunno

nice work overall senore

:)
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Semirk »

The vocal idea is very nice but I agree with mlexicon that it does get a bit too on the frequent side. Maybe add in a break and cut them out then burst back out with them add to add something fresh in the middle.

The bassline sounds good and I also agree, bring it more into the mix. The structure is good to me though, so good work on that. Just the vocal that needs to be calmed down a bit really. It takes too much away from the good stuff you are doing in the back.

Not much Ive added there, but hope its useful in some way. Nice work though.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

thanks for the feedback! good words. you guys made my day.

on the vocals:
yeah i agree way too much. i should have kept it simple in the begining then shoved it in your face for the break let it fade away then throw them in your face for the outro. or something.

on the bassline:
i thought it sounded to low but i do not have monitors (yet!!! next month) and one of the problems i usually have with tracks is over powering basslines so i try to compensate with past experiences plus what i hear when i do my mix downs (well atleast until i get my monitors).

thanks so much for the feedback! please keep it coming!
dirtybird
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dirtybird »

sounds good. the only thing i didn't like is that lil trancey bass stab that comes in around 1:45 and then goes away at 2:45.

kill the vocal in some parts. other than that i like it.
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

the mix seems to be very biased on the vocal and their processing, so much so that everything else seems secondary. so im not saying to do anything to the vocals other than make them sit a little further back in the mix, and maybe filter down some of the effects on them, as they are sitting too high in the freq range and get a little bit bright and toney for my ears, the range from 4-12khz is where the hats shouls be shining. the vocals should be sitting just below them.

for instance as this track is now, if it were played on a big system it would really hurt peoples ears.

so theres some good ideas in here, but the mix needs to be mixed to focus on the bass/kick and hats, and have the vox driving the track from within that structure.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05