something new i'm working on now.
performed live w/ ableton

http://www.7161.com/track.cfm?track__dt ... ic_group=1

feedback welcome
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

sounds very interesting...alot of good things happening here....
definetely missing something though
troiton
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by troiton »

thanks. i agree it needs something. i know it needs a better arrangement, but what else?
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

honestly....it sounds really good to me...

it does need to be tightened up a bit as far as certain effects go, and one off manipulations

how bout a stuttery bassline...and it loses alot of its strength when u reverse it, and it kinda throws it off...im not too sure why that is...ive never noticed that problem before on a track...

i think you could take this track in many different directions and u would find success

where to go?....i dunno but youll be fine.
:)
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

and i think that melody should leave the track for awhile....then be reintroduced

ahu
:)
troiton
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by troiton »

thanks. coming from you it's positive as you get some pretty sick sounds. i'll keep at it.
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

when the beat drops it sounds a bit shakey, like off time or not clean, something like that. the problem with the rev sections is that they are out of time, theres too much of a gap between where they end, and the downbeat of the next bar drops. which makes for yet again a shakey off time not clean sound. the vocal sounds out of time for me too, like it's meant for a track thats about 100bpm or so. try pitching it or time stretch without pitch alteration. on a positive note i like the bassline, has a nice rich sound to it, although it could be a bit deeper. there are a lot of good ideas and sounds in here, but the arrangement is not working for me, theres no flow, it just goes on, with a little bit here and there to change it up, but no real direction. no build.
whatever you did at 5:30, don't do that, it's like the track emptied out, did you turn all effects and eq off or something? not good, it's like you flicked the "sound sh!t switch" for 1 bar.
the reverb feature at 6:44 is a good idea, not quite clean, but more of that would be good, and actually the last minute when you start fucking with the vocal dynamics and volume is good, and the outro in general is interesting. focus on progression/transition.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
troiton
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by troiton »

i appreciate the feedback, but i don't understand how the beat sounds shakey and off time.