Unified Sound - Come Down

- music
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Unified Sound - Come Down

Post by kenada »

Hey,

This is the second track that comprises our demo we will be sending out shortly. The first and most recent being
Synthetik

Come Down - 192 k/s is a much bouncier track, and starts off quite light and breezy, but it builds into a dark churning monster - but thats enough words from me. I'd like to see what some of you folks think.

To hopefully avoid the hassle I've had in the past with download links I'll provide a few.

http://www.storeandserve.com/download/3 ... 2.mp3.html

Cheers,

as always, all commenst thoughts and ideas for improvement are greatly appreciated.

Scott.
Last edited by kenada on Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

well sounds excellent to my ears ;)
i like the groove and those dubby elements a lot
for my taste probably a bit too much reverb on some elements

edit: hmm the different elements seem to perfectly integrate into the
song.. do u have any advice on this?
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

File not found
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

Thanks for the kind words tsod.

The only thing I can say about having a lot of different sounds/elements "fit" into a song, is to choose your sounds carefully, and make sure they all fit the theme, and general vibe of the song. In some of the tracks i reveiwed here yesterday I said remmeber saying words like, that kick is not right for this style of song, or those hats don't fit in with everything else. This is what you need to pay attention to.

Also balancing a mix, so that everything has space to breathe, having a good stereo field. Making sure that sounds aren't competing for the same frequency range. This all comes with practice though.

Also if you liked come down, I think out newer track Synthetik is even better.

As for the file not found, I don't get it. It's there, I'm stumped... Maybe try the other link, there were 2 links to the track in my original post...

Come Down 192 k/s

and

http://www.storeandserve.com/download/3 ... 2.mp3.html
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

now its there :)
will give it a listen right away

edit:

very nice production and nice pads in the synthetic, i like 8)
maybe a bit too much of these cymbal crashes and the reversed-delayed one, gives it a bit too trancey feeling imo. and maybe introduce the pad in 2:33 a bit earlier, when the beat is still on, some cutoff or something.

about come down, not exactly my cup of tea. I think it needs a bit fatter sound, a bit dry overall for this kind of track. Longer release, maybe verb on the clap, fatter hats (a bit harsh on the higher freq atm imo), maybe a ride in the most intensive part. I like how the track evolves, this is very nice :)

good work anyways, keep up
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Im liking the overall shuffle of this one...my only gripe is that i might be scared of playing this because it might be a tough piece to mix with other tracks. Percussion is great! And I like that nord sounding synth. The only thing im really looking for in this one is some sub bass..I think an organ shaking sub bass on the first note of the measure could sound interesting. Im also feeling this buildup from 3:32-5:11..it fades very well.
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

Cheers Guys.

As for the shuffle, I gave this to a mate of mine in Sydney to play, and he had a devil of a job mixing the thing into his set. It really is a tricky thing to do. Michael Mayer always seems to do alright, I'm thinking of his Immer Mix. Fades or quick mixes are about the only way to get in and out of shuffle tracks.

Thanks again.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05