minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

popkan - Big Slick / Option / Sigma

Post by minimal house »

http://phoenix.meccahosting.com/~a00012 ... _Slick.mp3

http://phoenix.meccahosting.com/~a00012 ... option.mp3

http://phoenix.meccahosting.com/~a00012 ... /Sigma.mp3

they are just jam session rough drafts..i need to sort out my levels.

equip used:
emu XL7
ESII
ER1
MS2000R
Last edited by minimal house on Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

no love?
RussC
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by RussC »

getting them right now!~ ill let ya know big man
:idea:
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

for some reason all i got was a quick lil clicking noise on these...
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

mlexicon wrote:for some reason all i got was a quick lil clicking noise on these...
hmmmm....they work fine for me

:?:
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

i really like the way option starts, really good stuff there, but im not sure i really like the main melody that comes in, but thats probably my own personal preference. and i dont like big slick... i know you could make it way more funky than that. and i havent heard the 3rd one...

once minute please

ok for sigma

oh damn yes i like that...more please
dirtybird
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dirtybird »

i dig big slick. my ear wants to hear the main melody go in and out more, and not so constant.

i like option more. i like the synth sound, and it's really jacky. this is my favorite.

sigma didn't do a whole lot for me, but i like the spacey sounds.
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

Big Slick -

Nice intro melody, thats some nice shuffle on the drums. sounds a bit distorted to me, was that intentional, especially distortion on the main lead - sounds like clipping even.
I agree with DB about the lead coming in and out, it's too forward in the mix, and too constant. all the effect sounds and rev rides etc, are muffled by this lead. Needs to be mixed again. the sudden filtering at 3:08 isn't so good. it comes out of nowhere and sounds horribly distorted when it passes down.

Sigma -

now that sounds better, i'd say the kick is wrong for the rest of the tune, too much air in it. maybe try a cleaner quieter deeper kick. the bassline needs eq to bring it out more, it sounds nice but is hiding. for this type of bass i'd say the 250-500k range is where the money is. i rather like the bleeps, but would like to hear some more work on them, the delays on them sound off too.

Option -

nice vox effex, they sound great. that lead is rather interesting, the off kilter syncopated one. but is too much in the mix again. tone it down a little and give the track more space. More room for kicks/bass/hats and most especially room for the reverb effects on the lead to make an impression. yet again the filtering came from nowhere, and did nothing but sound distorted... I like this track the most by a mile, the most intesting lead i've heard today (and i've been listening to tracks all day)
But it needs some variation (and i don't mean filtering especially ear piercing high/band pass) Try adding a pad, or another lead that can give you the much needed break. the great lead will have allthe more effect on the listener if it goes away, and then drops again.

Just some thoguhts...
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05