Some nu sh*t!!

- music
LetsGoOutside
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Some nu sh*t!!

Post by LetsGoOutside »

i really like the way the bassline(s) bounce around. good little textures. the whole percussion section is spot on.

the sound of the pad is really nice, but i'd add another layer of the same pad in the same key to establish more of a melody, but like an octave off. probably higher in this case. an example* of what i mean:

http://www.letsgooutside.org/mp3/let%27 ... dients.mp3

not techno/dance stuff, but here i introduce a pad sound, then use the same sound with diffferent effects at different octaves to create a layered leading melody. that is, lave the curent padline as it is, but also build on top of it without filling in too much space.

if i were you, and i was to choose between a lots of vocal cut ups and stronger lead... well... i would actually have a stronger leading melody and working a singl vocal phrase/element as a hook. would make the track a little sticker and avoid being non-descript.

* sort of a weird track -- it's from an event where 20 musicians had four hours to create and perform a piece from 10 sounds provided to us. surprisingly good turnout for an early wednesday event (about 200 people).