mlexicon - what a room

- music
ale_garcia
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ale_garcia »

hey, nice track!
¿don't you think low-freq sounds are too loud?
byee.
alegarcia at moebiusgroup.com.ar
rad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rad »

impressive sound. however I would probably pick up from previous comments that it takes a very long time for the song to kick in - mainly through the absence of highs in the first third - generally I find these could be a bit more playfull.

still great work.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

i like it. the very begining had me thinking "consumed" but that drifted after it kicked in a little more. only complaint is the same as previous people's with the low end being to prominent.
dranfu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dranfu »

got sort of a monolake vibe going. really nice, too. great production. Very clean and smooth.
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by robert lowell »

nice elements you have going on. i like it.
fromkaraoketostardom
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fromkaraoketostardom »

definitely my cup of tea !!!! I kind of like the low freq all over, i've listened to it with headphones, though. dark & heavy, that's the way i like it. Good work
dirtybird
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dirtybird »

i really like this. i would like to hear those stabs tweaked a little bit, but i love low end so no complaints there. they sounded a little too punchy on my monitors, but that may just be my monitors. did the in and out reverb on the hats too. nice job.
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

drop the rides as an intro. not conducive to such a soundscapy minimal tune, they seemed very out of place. if your really married to them, try filtering of cutting the decay of the sample. and really jerked me out the floatyness of the intro.

don't use an OH 909 either, bad soundset for this style of tune.

boost and eq some of the filtered stabs, as they are really making the tune for me. theres a nice progression and feel to this track. nice control and use of reverb in here too.

not to bad at all - i'd be ditching hats and rides thoguh in place for more subtle sounding perc.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05