J. a T. - Lucy

- music
japatap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

J. a T. - Lucy

Post by japatap »

new track of mine, inspired by Nathan Fake - the sky was pink..... i used the same bassline... tell me what ya think about it

http://www.djsleebos.nl/Jap_a_Tap_-_Lucy.mp3
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

Nice track, diggin on that synthy bassline with some nice reverbaration to carry it the right amount of bars and then a heavier bassline over-top works nice, For some reason I also pay particular attention to the drum work and arrangement of tracks...which sometimes really hinders some of my creative abilities, the drum work in this track is nice yet the kick i think could have some of that reverb added to match your bass and maybe just a slight delay, not to send it where ya would hear it almost kick twice per each beat yet have a almost drunk sort of feel to it, like ya heard it exagerrated or something, I think i would also like to hear some bit of added percussion to the track wether it be glitchy or housey, um maybe more glitchy would be better as the synthy-ness of the track screams electro-minimal; i think over-all the track is good yet could be abit longer with even abit of a breakdown at the end of what ya got now and a build back up...i suppose the way i analyze tracks is like any deejay, if you can impress me with any 15 sec clip of your track then im buying it, length is also a big concern, if you deejay and you have a 4 minute track it can tend to be hard to play with it or get the feel for it as much as a longer more deejay oriented track, now granted every track isnt made for the deejay booth, but US deejays are the strongest supporters of electronic music producers :)
japatap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by japatap »

thanks for the review.... i think your right, im gonna extend the track and all ready put some reverb on the kick... sounds much better... im workin'on the other things... tnx for the tips...peace