ññP - jazz urbano

- music
[ññP]
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

ññP - jazz urbano

Post by [ññP] »

hey guys...here i bring to this forum my first aproach to microhouse from latin america...
in this case i made like a trip arround different aproachs to my style
i hope you like it...and if you dont...well im open to critics
thanks

from uruguay: [ññP] - Jazz Urbano

by the way....thanks for the webspace
que son esos ruiditos?
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

sounds freeky... lol, this reminds me of mossa.

good work.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

Listening right now... first off i like the drum pattern ya got going on to start things off, the funky synth is alright but seems to get maybe abit repetitive but when the track picks up heat, its less noticeable and more of a compliment to that funky ass bassline that comes in, I really digg your vox snippets which add automatic funk to the track, the beats do seem to go astray in a few places as if the track's melodic parts are on 4/4 and the beats on 3/4 or something, not always tho just seemed off in a few places, reminds me abit of Akufen's work which is always nice, the track comes together nicely 4 plus and really is funk strong, I don't know if this is finished for you but the only thing i might take a look at is the beats, more in the beginning as the middle to end everything sounded nice and snug... over-all i would rate a 8 out of 10, good work and keep up that funk :)
[ññP]
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by [ññP] »

Sneaky wrote:the beats do seem to go astray in a few places as if the track's melodic parts are on 4/4 and the beats on 3/4 or something, not always tho just seemed off in a few places
hehehe...glad you noticed, its almost just as you decribed, just that the mix of the beat of the bass drum (4/4) with the beat of the bassline (almost in 3/2 but defased), generates a very particular kind of rithm (with kind of "bounces")...mostly common in southern america percussion, from brazil, or even from my country...
perhaps you dont like it very much, perhaps its rare to find those rithms in microhouse, but i believe it gives a certain different colour to the track, and its a reflection of my roots...
if you folow the song then, you'll see that the next aproximation to jazz is more similar to latin jazz...cuban jazz, something like that, reflected by the kind of bassline (typical in standard latin jazz).
afterwards the thing gets funkier...we arrive at north america...you see?? we were tripping hehehe
i forgot...the rithm at the very beginning (withouth the bass drum) is like a reference to an uruguayan rithm (that came from africa) called "candombe".
then, i had a lot of trouble to put all those stuff together without sacrificing the unity of the song, but at the same time making it possible to recognize the different parts, so that the ideas didnt pollute themselves
:lol:

thanks very much sneaky for the review!! im glad you liked the track
que son esos ruiditos?
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

this shits crazy

very inventive
:)
astro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by astro »

it is indeed.... a whole jazz band playing inside that track...hahahaha
i don´t generally like vocals into a track, but they give some interesting taste to it.
incredibly tasty, i like it.
zero.