mnml maxi
mnml maxi

creatively stuck with a track...

Post by dsat »

i'v been working on this track for a while, but i'm kind of stuck
so any feedback would be most welcome

it's a slow, raw hypnotic 4-4 vibe, with a deep detroitish vibe

www.fga.be/sound/SlumberwithFlavour_FrancoCangelli.mp3

I'm really doubting to keep the original vibe or to give it a more experimental twist... :?
panmonu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by panmonu »

nice one man! :P
together is the new alone
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

First thing that comes to mind: the liquidity of the track would work nicer if there was something in the beat department that was a little more consistant and perhaps stronger... perhaps simply a bd that stomps away even. Throw in an additional repetitive event for good measure, like some kind of short sound every other bar or something in between beats...

Bias or not, those are my two cents/tips ;)
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

adam wrote:First thing that comes to mind: the liquidity of the track would work nicer if there was something in the beat department that was a little more consistant and perhaps stronger... perhaps simply a bd that stomps away even. Throw in an additional repetitive event for good measure, like some kind of short sound every other bar or something in between beats...

Bias or not, those are my two cents/tips ;)
thanks for your views
yeah, I haven't found the right kick yet, I may begin with blurry boom and later on drop a fuller kick, I might add sum stuff in there, although I don't want to make it too messy in the end... hey man, thanks for listening :wink: I appreciate it