mnml.nl

Want to join? Send us a message info (at) @ mnml.nl with a preferred username and we'll send you a login!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:04 am 
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Right now I'm torn between software and hardware. I just created a couple of cool tracks using Logic Express. I'll use an older version of Abelton Lite to put track sets together and a radio show pilot I'm working on. I also created some good stuff using a TR-626 playing MIDI analog/ digital gear.

hey everybody : I'm a douche !

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:35 am 
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

:arrow:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:53 am 
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Dal-Tech wrote:
Right now I'm torn between software and hardware. I just created a couple of cool tracks using Logic Express. I'll use an older version of Abelton Lite to put track sets together and a radio show pilot I'm working on. I also created some good stuff using a TR-626 playing MIDI analog/ digital gear.

I'm using both just now, it's nice - the fun of hardware and the versatility of software. I'm keen to go more into the hardware side though, maybe something to do with sitting at a computer all day at work...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:03 am 

Maybe i am leaning out of the window with this post but i think even with very good commercial samples such as goldbaby wave alchemy one can produce a shed like sound if wanted so theres no reason for a bunch of drummachines. If one wants the haptic feeling then thats another thin..,,

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:26 pm 
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Perhaps it's worth mentioning that Shed has said before that he doesn't go into the studio unless he has an idea for a track ahead of time. In light of this, it makes sense that a software-only setup would suit him just fine. My own experience has been that the hands on aspect of hardware helps stimulate ideas, but the convenience and flexibility of a computer/software helps to finish them. Your mileage may vary, of course.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:59 pm 

Hardware or software? It doesn't matter. All that matters is that the person sat in the studio is able to express himself through the equipment he's sat in front of. It's about the ability to exploit the gear you have, not what gear own.

http://soundcloud.com/nothingodd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:09 am 
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Dal-Tech wrote:
Slightly off topic. The roads are very narrow in Germany.

Yeah,because we don't need these über-wide cars that take gazillions of gas. And wow, you've just seen ONE road and generalize,applause. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:15 am 
mnml admn
mnml admn

Mono-xID wrote:
Yeah,because we don't need these über-wide cars that take gazillions of gas.

perhaps he means that two cars wouldn't fit on the road at a time.. :?

I assume that wasn't the whole interview..? 15 mins of driving around in a car... to say he was copying someone else's vision from 20 years ago, (that's great that he's humble), he only uses software, and that sometimes goes 6 months without turning on his studio computer.

but that interview.. was no bueno. that interview didn't show his home, any pets perhaps, his studio, any plugins that he may favor.... just driving in a country side.

I didn't care of that interview. perhaps one of the most non-personal "interviews" I've ever watched...

it displayed nothing personal about himself at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next