Interview with "MIRUGA" (Ethereal Sound)

all interviews.
mynameisduke
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Interview with "MIRUGA" (Ethereal Sound)

Post by mynameisduke »

http://320kb.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/i ... eal-sound/

– On your bio you talk about your love for RZA, Perlon, Kenny Dixon, Marvin Gaye and lot of Soul, R&B and Hip-Hop. What do you think is the best way to tribute this influence? How it influenced your production?

It’s all about atmosphere, i do music with picture in my head. It’s important that i feel the same atmosphere as the picture in my head. I was grown up with this music and i still love to listen. In my performance always try to go back to the old school, because i like this all! From the producing point of view i love Hip Hop just not the new, even thought i grow up listening Wu Tang Klan and ’70/’80 stuff, but i can’t really get into it!
I’m still in the search, i’m an absolute beginner. I’m doing this, taking it seriously since two/three years. Before than i was totally into HipHop, i was MC back in the days and i’m still down with it! I was born in Ghana and Ghana is the land of drumming, if you are from Ghana you take a lot about rhythm with you. So my style is bringing old stuff with new stuff together, but still trying to get the sound from the old, DIRTY BUT CLEAN!

continue: http://320kb.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/i ... rastretch/

--------------------------------
http://320KB.wordpress.COM
--------------------------------

We have chosen five words representing SnuffCrew.
Do these worlds bring up positive thought in your music?
What do these words mean for your professional experience?

SNUFFING
The Snuff in our name simply means the kind of tobacco which
can refresh your nose. It´s called Snuff. Eins, one half of Snuff Crew, used
to take it at the time when the project was founded. So he had the idea
to name us Snuff Crew. Of course we have nothing to do with the so called Snuff movies.

JACKING
Jacking is the wonderful way of moving your body and dancing like nobody´s watching.
It is a fullbody experience and it´s big fun to enjoy the music on the floor or
behind the decks in this excessive way . Fans of Minimal Techno probably never will know
how jacking really feels.

CHICAGO MOVEMENT
The sound of Chicago House from the 80s is our big influence. The music from this time and
also from the 2nd wave of Chicago House in the 90s always makes us happy and inspires us.
We are grateful that we could work with Chi-Town legends like Robert Owens, Tyree Cooper or Mr K`Alexi Shelby.
Our cover version of the Farley Jackmaster Funk classic “Jack The Bass” which has been released on SCI+TEC is also
another tribute of us to this city and its sound.

ROLAND ANALOG MACHINES
Even if we work with Macbooks and software on stage and in the studio –
we also have some of the Roland machines and will also buy some more in the next years.
They are simply magic.

CLUB CULTURE
Its a wonderful thing when people spend their time with dancing to great music and having
a great and peaceful party in an amazing location.
Its always exciting for us to play our sound in new countries and clubs and to discover the local club culture.

Web: snuffcrew.com
Resident Advisor: Snuff Crew
Soundcloud: Snuff Crew
Facebook: Snuff Crew

320KB INTERVIEW: CHINESE MAN

320KB INTERVISTA: DANIEL POLI

320KB INTERVISTA: MISS I

320KB INTERVISTA: TOMMY VICARI JNR

320KB INTERVISTA: NOIDOI[/size
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: Interview with "MIRUGA" (Ethereal Sound)

Post by John Clees »

since this is a reoccurring show with new updates..

PLEASE keep them all in this thread, update the title, and bump the thread...

this way this section is more manageable to view the output of the show without clicking on 100 threads.