StarCatchers Spotlight Interviews!

all interviews.
Laraya
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

StarCatchers Spotlight Interviews!

Post by Laraya »

Hey Guys, after a short break we´re back in 2012 with our SPOTLIGHTS - world´s electronic top music league in interview.

After the exciting interviews in 2011 with Roger Sanchez, Paco Osuna, Vitalic, Dusty Kid,... etc
we continue with our first interview for this year with techno queen: NICOLE MOUDABER

A true force to be reckoned with as a DJ and producer, Nicole Moudaber’s rise through the ranks of the DJ elite has been swift, purposeful and striking. She’s spent weeks at the top of the Beatport Techno Chart with her remix of Carl Cox’s ‘Chemistry’ on Intec, dropped killer tracks for labels including Drumcode, 8Sided Dice, Kling Klong and Waveform Recordings, while remixing the likes of Santos, Martin Eyer, Mauro Picotto, Fergie and Bart Skills.

Carl Cox identified her as exactly the kind of fresh talent he wanted to have playing at his weekly nights at Space in Ibiza, where Nicole has now DJed regularly alongside him for three seasons. Requests for guest mixes on both Carl’s and John Digweed’s internationally syndicated radio shows followed, as did a prestigious mix for Adam Beyer’s show where she was chosen to celebrate the epic ‘15 Years of Drumcode’ release (which features a classic slice of Moudaber techno on its high caliber tracklist).

Pete Tong named Nicole a rising star on BBC Radio 1’s Essential Selection, while her music regularly picks up the support of DJ royalty like Richie Hawtin, Loco Dice and Danny Tenaglia, who was so impressed when he DJed with Nicole that the two of them have been working in the studio and threw the most talked about party of the summer together at Ibiza’s exciting outdoor venue Ushuaia. With further residencies in Ibiza, dates worldwide from Brazil’s Rock In Rio festival to headlining at Montreal’s famous Stereo and two residencies in New York City for 2012 at Cielo and Pacha NYC, Nicole’s reputation for groovy main room mastery has taken hold everywhere.

INTERVIEW:

Iman Gerowgan: Hey Nicole, how are you feeling these days?

Nicole Moudaber: I'm very good thanks, taking some off at the moment.

Iman Gerowgan: You are doing music for a quite long time. How has your taste of music, as well as your sounds developed over the years?

Nicole Moudaber: Not very long actually only 4 years. Compared to others i'm still an infant. I evolve everyday, i'm inspired constantly but the core of my sound is percussive techno.

Iman Gerowgan: Nowadays its not obvious to be able doing what you love; making your hobby – your passion a profession - thinking of financial obligation and responsibility. How did you manage that? Did you have plan B besides your work as a promoter and your musical carrier ? Which dreams did you have and do you still have in your life?

Nicole Moudaber: It was a struggle in the beginning like any new business venture. Didn't earn a penny, still not earning what aspire to. But i'm not in it for the money, i'm in it because i love it - and when you love something you hold on to it as it gives you a satisfaction money can't buy. Parents and kids have unconditional love and no matter what happens a parent will always stick to his/her child. Same thing with me and music - it's my balance in life.

Iman Gerowgan: If you could turn back the time, what would you do differently? Is there any particular decision you once made, which you regret having done, even today?

Nicole Moudaber: Made too many mistakes but this is part of the whole learning experience we all go through. I learned a lot, matured a lot, had my lows too but i never gave up. The only thing i regret really is being a slave to the cigarette.
I'm on on way out now thanks to Champix !

READ FULL INTERVIEW