Seth Troxler interview @ WMC (Watch out for the bats)

all interviews.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

think the biggest problem is that people are just reading too much about dj's and artists etc, trying to push them into the same boxes as pop stars and to a certain level that also creates journalism that's rather aimed at getting "a story" or causing the need for people like Seth to "act".

I don't download any sets from famous dj's and don't read any interviews and it serves me well, helps keep an open mind and not fall into the "must-follow-that-label-must-see-that-dj-must-live-in-berlin" behavior. People really seem to be more into the "side effects" than in the actual music these days, which also makes it all so uninteresting. Everyone moves to Berlin because it seems like the thing to do, but I have infinitely more respect for a guy who just tries to build up something in his own hometown. These people take the music and a scene way further than a hundred of others who just crawl together in the obvious place. There's life outside of Berlin you know.
mando
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mando »

he´s a freak, thats it!

if you dont like freaky sounds, dont watch freaky people
Last edited by mando on Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

stevësto wrote:i dont understand the hype about him. he reminds me of raresh. another one of those djs that can spin for days on end a mixture of obscure old records (that were obscure then, and now, for a reason) and new but they all sound way too similiar. and they do it with the energy level turned to like 6 the whole time. and then once in a while you hear a dark deep voice vocal saying something like "oooh yea baby, get your freak on, mmm i want to eat pancakes and syrup, burrrp" and other stupid sh!t vocals like that. fine. so he's a boring dj. lets see if he's a good comedian. nope. oh well. im sure he's good at something, besides hopping to whatever the "in" place is to live. (apparently berlin is on a slow decline and london is becoming the new hot spot?)
pre-amp tango wrote:i don't think this is very funny. he should take some acting classes and try again in a couple of years. maybe he's funny then. judging only from this interview, though.
+1, but

I remember interviewing him about 2 years ago & he said - c'mon we're popstars in the techno world! so he tries to be one, of course he doesn't give a fck about what we say & if it works, cause it's important that we at least speak about him. Malcolm McLaren rule - so simple, what of course has nothing to do with the fact that he's a talented musician on his way up and at the same time doesn't change the fact that I was never able to watch slices issue with him to the end.

low budget comedy with a cheap screenplay - same goes for this one.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

he's 24 years old and he's lapping it up,thats all there is to it. He's most probably coked up and thinks he's funny,no harm in it at all.
I know i made a bigger twat out of myself in my early 20's thats for sure...
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

kristofason wrote:he's 24 years old and he's lapping it up,thats all there is to it. He's most probably coked up and thinks he's funny,no harm in it at all.
I know i made a bigger twat out of myself in my early 20's thats for sure...

hehehehhehhehehhe

made my day ;)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

PsyTox wrote:think the biggest problem is that people are just reading too much about dj's and artists etc, trying to push them into the same boxes as pop stars and to a certain level that also creates journalism that's rather aimed at getting "a story" or causing the need for people like Seth to "act".

I don't download any sets from famous dj's and don't read any interviews and it serves me well, helps keep an open mind and not fall into the "must-follow-that-label-must-see-that-dj-must-live-in-berlin" behavior. People really seem to be more into the "side effects" than in the actual music these days, which also makes it all so uninteresting. Everyone moves to Berlin because it seems like the thing to do, but I have infinitely more respect for a guy who just tries to build up something in his own hometown. These people take the music and a scene way further than a hundred of others who just crawl together in the obvious place. There's life outside of Berlin you know.
lots of truth in that...
Menno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Menno »

PsyTox wrote:
I don't download any sets from famous dj's and don't read any interviews and it serves me well, helps keep an open mind and not fall into the "must-follow-that-label-must-see-that-dj-must-live-in-berlin" behavior.
same here man, listening to other artists blocks my creativity...
i do have my heroes, but i think they're more subtile artists who stay true to their thing and don't make things that are made for a certain hype...
i make what i like to play, what i like to play is not what a big audience wants to hear but what makes me feel good and groovy...
junger
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by junger »

vitocorleone wrote:fck sake u are all idiots...hes having a laff thats that...
finally ...